Thursday 30 May 2013

Craft Challenge May: Wall Art


Finally I found the time to show you my project for this month's Craft Challenge! I already finished it last week (yes that's right! It wasn't last minute work this time) and I must say I am pretty pleased with it.

Like my previous projects this one is also very affordable and it can be made in an afternoon.




- Glue gum
- framed canvas
- Ribbons (in the length of the frame)
- Fabric
- Vibofill/old duvet

  

 Step 1) Cut the fabric and duvet/vibrofill in the right size. The vibrofill should be the same size as the frame and the fabric about 5cm on each side larger.


Step 2) Place the vibrofill/duvet on the frame and strech the fabric over the frame. Glue it to the back side of the frame.


Step 3) Cut all the ribbons you want to use in the right length, they sould be slightly larger than the frame.


Step 4) Strech the ribbons over the frame in the position you want. Glue the ends of the ribbons to the back side of the frame.


Step 5) As a finishing touch I placed an additional ribbon over the ends of the ribbons on the back of the frame. This to make sure none of the ribbons will come loose.


The End! Now you can place you pictures or cards or whatever in the frame!

post signature

1 comment: